As is stated in the patch set note that accompanies the Oracle Application Express 4.2.5 patch set:
- If you have Oracle Application Express release 4.2, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.2.3 or 4.2.4 installed, download the Oracle Application Express 4.2.5 patch set from My Oracle Support and apply it. Remember - patch number 17966818.
- If you have Oracle Application Express release 4.1.1 or earlier installed (including Oracle HTML DB release 1.5), download and install the entire Oracle Application Express 4.2.5 release from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN).
- If you do not have Oracle Application Express installed, download and install the entire Oracle Application Express 4.2.5 release from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN).
Some changes in the the Oracle Application Express 4.2.5 patch set:
- A number of bug fixes and functionality additions to many of the Packaged Applications.
- One new packaged application - Live Poll. This was the creation of Mike Hichwa. Live Poll is intended for real-time, very brief polling (in contrast to a formal survey, which can be created and administered via Survey Builder).
- One new sample application - the Sample Geolocation Showcase, created by Oracle's Carsten Czarski, who did a masterful job in demonstrating how Oracle's spatial capabilities (via Oracle Locator) can be easily exploited in an Oracle Application Express application. Try it for yourself today on apex.oracle.com!
- A handful of bug fixes in the underlying Application Express engine and APIs.
APEX 4.2.5 should be the end of the line for Oracle Application Express 4.2.x.