Sunday, January 20, 2008

It's too cold

I couldn't help but notice this one on My Yahoo this morning:





For those of you who hail from outside the U.S., this would be:


I'm tired of the cold. I'm tired of living in the cold. Although I've spent the majority of my adult life in Dublin and Powell, Ohio, I've also lived in Naperville, Illinois and Moorestown, New Jersey. Guess what? They're all very cold in the winter.

I've always justified it by saying that I am able to relish the full four seasons in a year and also have a white Christmas. Better yet, given the many things there are to like about Central Ohio (well educated and congenial Midwest people, very reasonable cost of living, safe, good schools, not crowded), I've often said that it's much better for me to travel on business/pleasure to these warmer destinations, just for a vist. Well, the older I get, the more I realize that my time is limited and I have this all backwards. It would be much better to pay the money, live in a smaller place, and just exist in an environment where you can get outside and truly live all the time.

No comments: